250 g of boiled potato (2 medium potatoes)
3 eggs size L
120 ml light oil (sunflower)
50 ml of milk
550 g of plain flour
5 g dry baker’s yeast (or 20 g fresh baker’s yeast)
10 – 12 apricots
4-5 tablespoons of apricot jam
icing sugar to decorate
How to prepare the Coca de apricots
1. Let’s pour a little water into a large pot (up to the bottom edge of the basket) and bring it to the fire.
2. We put a steaming basket inside the pot.
3. Cut two medium potatoes into quarters.
4. Put the potatoes in the basket, cover and put them on a slow fire.
5. Let cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. We booked.
7. Separately, mix 50 ml of milk with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 5 g of dry baker’s yeast. Let stand about 5 minutes.
8. In a large container we put the eggs and the sugar and mix a little with a manual rod.
9. Next we add the oil, the preferment and mix a little more.
10. Add the mashed potatoes and incorporate it.
11. Finally add the sifted flour and mix with a spatula to integrate.
12. When there are no traces of flour, we cover the container and let it ferment for an hour in a warm place.
13. After this time, pour the dough into a tray suitable for the oven, lined with parchment paper. My tray is 24×32 cm.
14. We level the dough so that it is uniform.
15. We cover the tray and let it ferment for about 40 minutes.
16. After this time we place halves of apricots stuffed with apricot jam on the dough.
17. We put in the oven preheated to 180ºC (356°F) with heat up and down, for about 40 minutes.
18. Remove the coke from the oven, let cool and sprinkle icing sugar on top.