2 pkg. yeast 4 half of tsp lively dry yeast
1/2 cup heat water
1/2 cup scalded milk
1/3 cup sugar
31/2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup butter
four cup heat milk
1 tablespoon mild corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 oz semisuweet chocolate chips
2 cups sifted icing sugar
1. soften yeast in wvarm water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a big bowl integrate milk, shortening, sugar, salt and vanilla and funky to lukewarm.
three. upload 1 cup of the flour and beat nicely.
four. Beat in yeast, water, and eggs. upload final flour and make a gentle dough. Knead nicely.
five. place in a greased bowl. cowl and kick back for three hours (or in a single day), If it raises within the
refrigerator, punch it down.
6. turn on the gently floured floor. Roll 1/3 inch thick.
7. reduce with a floured doughnut cutter. allow the doughnuts rise for about an hour or till
they double in length.
eight. Fry in canola or sunflower oil (350 ranges) for about 2 minutes according to side or till brown.
9. turn simplest as soon as or the doughnuts will absorb too much oil.
10. Drain on a cord rack. Cool completely earlier than attempting to glaze or fill the doughnuts.
For the chocolate glaze.
eleven. In a mediumn saucepan and warmth over medium-louw warmth integrate the butter, milk, corn
syrup, and vanilla until butter is melted,
12. turn off the heat and add chocolate chips stirring till the chocolate is melted.
thirteen. add the icing sugar and whisk until smooth. in case you are glazing a number of doughnuts you
may additionally need to keep the glaze warm on the top of a double boiler.
14. let the glaze set up for 30 minutes earlier than serving.