HOMEMADE BAGUETTE BREAD 😋
500 g of flour of force
375 ml of water
2 ½ teaspoons fresh yeast
1 ½ teaspoons of salt
1. In a bowl with 300 ml of water add the yeast, stir to dissolve and rest for 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour and salt, open in the center and add the yeast water, then cover the sides with the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to form a soft paste. Cover with a kitchen towel and “sponge” until it foams and rises for about 20 minutes.
3. Add flour and/or water as necessary to form a soft and sticky dough, turn out on a floured table and knead for about 10 minutes until a soft, flexible and homogeneous dough is obtained, adding flour in the process. Deflate the dough, cover again and rise for another 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
4. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form the baguettes about 30 centimeters, place the baguettes on a lightly floured baking tray, cover again and rise for another 50 minutes, until doubled in size.
5. Make diagonal cuts on top and bake in a preheated oven at 230°C (446°F) for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and sound “hollow” when tapped with your finger. Remove from the oven and cool the baguette on a wire rack.